Almost every major credit card company now offers a premium travel card, and HSBC is no exception. When you book through their Agoda or Expedia websites, the HSBC Elite Credit Card gives a little bit of everything: travel insurance, flight, and ridesharing credits, lounge access, and hotel savings. So that’s why today we will discuss HSBC Credit Card Offers.
The key catch is that to be a cardholder, you must have (and have) an HSBC Premier Checking account. The checking version requires a substantial banking connection to avoid monthly maintenance costs. To qualify, you must have $5,000 in monthly direct deposits, $75,000 in total savings and investments, or a $500,000 or higher mortgage.
HSBC Elite Members Rewards
Cardholders will receive a one-time welcome bonus of 50,000 Rewards Bonus Points worth $750 in-flight when booking online through HSBC Rewards after spending $4,000 in the first three months of account registration.
After that, you’ll get 3 points for every dollar spent on new travel purchases, such as airline tickets, hotels, and vehicle rentals, 2 points for eating, and 1 for everything else. HSBC has a broad definition of travel and eating, so points will quickly accumulate.
The value of your HSBC points improves when you redeem them for flight purchases made through their website rather than seeking cash back. Each issue is worth 1.5 cents on airfare. Statement credits or direct deposits into an HSBC bank account are available to customers who prefer cash. Points are worth one cent each for cash rewards, with no minimum cashout restrictions.
Other Benefits for Elite Members
- Earn up to $400 in travel credit each year when you book all of your flights, hotels, and car rentals via HSBC Travel.
- LoungeKey membership entitles you and a travel partner to unlimited free airport lounge access at participating LoungeKey locations.
- Discounts on hotel stays booked through Expedia and Agoda can save you 10%.
- Customers with a Boingo membership get free internet access at public Boingo hotspots.
- Reimbursement for Trusted Travelers: Get reimbursement for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck registration every 54 months.
- Insurance for travel accidents, trip cancellation, hotel burglary, lost or delayed luggage, and secondary rental vehicle Collision Damage Waiver.
- Everyday Protections: On qualified purchases, cardholders receive mobile phone insurance, price protection, extended warranty, and purchase assurance.
- Fees for International Transactions: None
Should You Opt for HSBC Card
Most customers cannot apply for this card since they must be HSBC Premier clients. Those who meet the criteria may be able to receive a better price by choosing a card with equivalent travel credits and benefits.
This card is a wonderful alternative for people who value the included travel insurance and will be able to make use of the card’s more unique benefits, such as hotel discounts and ridesharing credits. For anybody else, the annual fee is tough to justify.